Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Train of Thought Is Not an Express

So, last night's episode of Glee.

It was pretty awesome. I'm not going to recap it, because others do that much better than I probably could. Although, there are some shows no one is recapping, and I find that a shame.

I love recaps. I read them for all the shows I watch. Well, I read recaps if Entertainment Weekly or Television Without Pity write them. Is that weird? Hmm... I also only listen to audio books for titles I've already read. I like to wring as much enjoyment/understanding out of entertainment as I can. Or something.

Anyway, Grilled Cheesus. It was emotionally powerful, and the music choices were excellent.

I could relate to a surprising number of issues brought up in this episode, however, one thing that resonated with me was a tiny blip, a throwaway comment from Brittany that will be collected in the blond's lexicon.

"Whenever I pray, I fall asleep."

Oh. Oh my. I have something in common with Brittany S. Pierce.

Well, at least now I know I'm not the only one. You guys, whenever I pray, I tend to drift off. Probably because I go on the longest tangents God has ever had to walk along with someone on. I start with the basics, variations on childhood prayers, then branch out into the specifics of the day. And then I wander off into expositions on the latest episode of Castle, my concerns about Global Warming, and whether or not I calculated the calories right in those chocolate chip cookies.

I've mentioned this to my family, who assures me it's the thought that counts. But... ok honestly? And why not, since if he is omniscient and stuff he already knows this... sometimes I pray because I need some spiritual Nytol. Yes, I may on occasion engage in conversations with God in the hopes that I may lull myself to sleep. Some may say I nod off because I get a sense of peace from praying. I hope this is true, otherwise, I fall asleep due to my inability to form complex and engaging thoughts. (read: I'm boring)

Of course, since you read this blog, you may already know this to be true. I do enjoy taking the long road to get to the point....


::Tiny Spoiler Alert::


Which is: Why was Kurt still going to school while his Dad was in the hospital? Who was taking care of him? Isn't he technically still a minor? Ok, not the point of the story, but still questions that beg answers. And why was Finn's Mom in less than 30 seconds of this whole episode? If she and Kurt's Dad are in a serious relationship, shouldn't she have been hanging around the hospital a bit more?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for that 'Castle' recap you got me all excited about. Get recapping!

    ReplyDelete